The entire story of the Gospel is about an alien from Heaven, Jesus, who made the entire universe, coming to Earth. The plan is to
restore the human race to its original purpose of serving God, bring in new Heavens and a new Earth, and eternally separate the
good from the evil.
Hebrews 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power,
when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 ¶ Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
The Bible does mention several different races of extra-terrestrials, including angels, cherubim, and seraphim. Also, several passages in
the Bible appear to show their use of spaceships.
God is all about truth and knowledge. By knowledge, God made the worlds. Therefore, is it surprising that God and His kingdom are
thousands of years more advanced when it comes to technology, and that angels were using technology for space flight? Those who
assume that only the physical exists are mistaken. Nonetheless, God can use physical technology for His own ends, and the Bible
- 1 Spaceships
- 2 Alien/Angel Races
- 3 Satan
- 3.1 Background
- 3.2 Satan's Control Over Earth
- 4 Sources
In the Book of Ezekiel
In Ezekiel chapters 1, 10, and 11 there is a perfect description of four flying saucers that is over 2,500 years old:
- Each flying saucer is described as "a wheel in the middle of a wheel." (1:16; 10:9-10)
- They are surrounded with portholes or windows around the exterior. (1:18; 10:12)
- They lifted up above the Earth. (10:16; 1:21; 11:22)
- They were spinning so rapidly that they did not appear to turn as they moved. (10:11; 1:17)
- They were used to transport "living creatures." (10:17; 1:19-20)
- The living creatures drove them. (1:21; 10:16-17)
- The living creatures show signs of wearing spacesuits. Their feet were unusually "straight" and "sparkled like the colour of burnished brass" (1:7); their entire appearance was bright with electricity pulsing. (1:13-14) They may have been wearing helmets, giving the appearance of having faces in all directions. (1:6,10; 10:14,21) They are described as each having four wings, two of which joined to the wings of others (1:6,8-9,11), but they otherwise looked like people and had human-like hands. (1:5,8; 10:21)
- Cherubim are also described in chapters 9-11 as making a considerable amount of noise with their wings equivalent to that of a helicopter. (10:5)
- There were four of them. (10:9-10; 1:15-16)
- Ezekiel himself may have been transported by them. (11:24)
|“||Ezekiel 1:15 ¶ Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.
16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.
18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.
19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
23 And under the firmament were their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side, their bodies.
24 And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters, as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host: when they stood, they let down their wings.
25 And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.
26 ¶ And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.
Ezekiel 10:9 And when I looked, behold the four wheels by the cherubims, one wheel by one cherub, and another wheel by another cherub: and the appearance of the wheels was as the colour of a beryl stone.
Ezekiel 11:22 ¶ Then did the cherubims lift up their wings, and the wheels beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.
U.S. Air Force Flying Saucer Prototypes
Flying saucers are most definitely real technology capable of flight. The U.S. Air Force from 1952 to 1969 ran a top-secret project called Project 1794 to test flying saucer prototypes. One of the flying saucer prototypes tested by the U.S. government was a design by Jack Frost of Avro Canada called the Avrocar.
The declassified files are now visible at Archives.gov. Videos of Project 1794 in action can be viewed at the U.S. National Archives or Military.com. The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum received one of the two prototype Avrocar flying saucer models from the U.S. government in 1975.
Relationship to Operation Skywatch
Nonetheless, the declassified files do not show a level of development or sophistication in Operation 1794 to explain the 1952 UFO scare. Numerous UFO sightings were made in the Washington D.C. area at the time, prompting a major response from the U.S. government.
In 2019 a Romanian engineer, Razvan Sabie, has developed a fully-functional flying saucer. It is technically termed All-Directional Flying Object, or ADIFO for short.
Terraforming Space Station
The New Jerusalem can only be described as a space station, as seen from Revelation 21. It will come only after the Earth has been ravaged by plagues and destruction from God's army in a war between the antichrist's and Jesus' armies, followed by Christ's thousand-year reign on Earth. Its very dimensions and descent from Heaven imply a space station:
- It is a city descending down from Heaven. (v. 10)
- It is 12,000 stadion wide by 12,000 stadion long and 12,000 stadion high, with a wall 144 cubits tall. (vv. 16-17) As such, the New Jerusalem is 7.2 million feet wide by 7.2 million feet long by 7.2 million feet tall, with a wall 216 feet high; or in other words 1,363.6 miles long by 1,363.6 miles wide by 1,363.6 miles high. That makes for a land mass roughly half the area of the United States. The U.S. is 3.797 million square miles, the New Jerusalem will be 1.859 million square miles. Furthermore, its height will extend well into the outermost layer of Earth's atmosphere, the exosphere (600 to 6,200 miles).
- It will be lit within somehow so that it does not need the sun. (vv. 23, 25)
- The "glory of the nations" will be brought into it by the rulers of the Earth, so presumably the best of Earth's technology and art will be moved into it. (vv. 24, 26)
|“||Revelation 21:9 ¶ And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
God made other races besides humans, angelic races. Members of those races rebelled against God and were cast down to Earth, some of them imprisoned deep within the Earth, as punishment. God will ultimately bring in new Heavens and a new Earth. John was caught up to the "third Heaven." (2 Corinthians 12:2) Jesus said He is going to prepare a place for Christians, and that in His Father's house there are many mansions. (John 14:2) Logically, God has other worlds, in which the angels and other races dwell.
- See also Angel
Angels, Biblically, are said to be "ministering spirits" sent on behalf of the heirs of salvation. (Hebrews 1:13-14) As such, for all of their power, they are primarily focused on helping Christians until the Final Judgment. The blessings available to Christians will result in even greater blessings for them than angels, which is why the angels themselves desire eagerly to understand the mysteries of the Gospel. (1 Peter 1:2) They were said to be extremely wise, knowing all that was occurring in the earth (2 Samuel 14:17-20) and to be very powerful. (Zechariah 12:8)
Although they are capable of taking physical form, it appears they also have spiritual powers as well, and are not bound by physical limitations. They are commonly symbolized as 'trees of Eden' and the Seraphim in particular are fiery flying serpents. They have a shining, brilliant appearance that strikes awe into those who see them.
In the Old Testament, angel is translated from the Hebrew word "mal'ak", pronounced "mal-awk", and is used 213 times in the Old Testament. In the New Testament, angel is translated from the Greek word "aggelos", pronounced "ang'-el-os", and is used 186 times in the New Testament. Both words, roughly translated, mean 'messenger.'
The first Biblical reference to angels is in Genesis 3:24 where, following the fall of man, the outcast humans are prevented from returning to the Garden of Eden by Cherubim.
They were also used to guide or protect people by God, including Abraham's servant, the Israelites with Moses, the Israelites with Joshua, Gideon, Samson's parents, Daniel and his friends, Jesus, and the Apostles.
As seen in the book of Revelation, angels will be used to bring plagues upon the world who, worshiping the antichrist, will be in complete rebellion against God.
Biblically, the angels which did not keep their first estate, sinning, God cast into Hell and has reserved in eternal chains under darkness until the great day's Judgment. Given the account of this in Judges 9:8-15 and Ezekiel 31, 'Eden' was not only a garden for the creation of mankind, but the original dwellingplace of the angels, with a rebellion that began by many of the angels seeking a king to reign over them. The Fig Tree, Olive Tree, and Vine, each symbolizing a chief angel, refused, while the bramble, Satan, became their leader. Sometime after the fall of the angels, Eden was destroyed and turned into a "desolate wilderness."
Biblically, Christians will judge angels at the end. (1 Corinthians 6:3) This shows several things: (1) not all fallen angels will be judged the same or there would be no need for Christians to judge them on an individual basis, (2) Christians will be able to show them leniency, it may even be possible that they can be forgiven, and (3) even fallen angels can make amends to change how they will be judged.
|“||1 Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
While certain areas like the New Jerusalem will be off-limits to all but holy Christians written in the Book of Life (Revelation 21:27), the Earth itself will apparently be inhabited during Jesus' thousand-year reign by nations of the unredeemed. Otherwise, Satan would not be able to deceive the nations once being released following the thousand-year reign. (Revelation 20:8) Furthermore, Jesus did not only preach to the living, but to the dead as well. (1 Peter 4:6; 3:19; Jude 1:9; Isaiah 61:1) As such, there is still hope for all to turn from wickedness to righteousness before the Final Judgment; even the dead and fallen angels.
Symbolized As Trees
The following are examples where angels are symbolized by trees from the Garden of Eden, Olive Trees, Cedars of Lebanon, or Oaks of Bashan:
- In Judges 9:8-15 it tells a parable of the trees seeking to anoint a king, with the Olive Tree, Fig Tree, and Vine all refusing promotion, and the Bramble accepting, and telling them to put their trust in him or fire will come out to devour the Cedars of Lebanon.
- In Psalms 52:8, David compares himself to an Olive Tree in the house of God who trusts in the mercy of God forever and ever.
- In Isaiah 2:13-14, it speaks of bringing all the proud low, including the Cedars of Lebanon and Oaks of Bashan. "Oaks of Bashan" seems to be a negative reference to the fallen angels specifically.
- In Isaiah 14:6-8, it refers to Lucifer the fallen angel (v. 12) and when punished by God, the earth is at rest, with the Fir Trees rejoicing, and the Cedars of Lebanon saying, "since you are laid down, no feller is come up against us."
- In Ezekiel 17, it speaks a parable of the Cedars of Lebanon, ending in v. 24 by saying that the Lord has brought down the high tree, has exalted the low tree, has dried up the green tree, and has made the dry tree flourish.
- In Ezekiel 31, the entire chapter speaks of Satan as being Pharaoh, who was a mighty Cedar in Lebanon, how his height was exalted above all the other Cedars of Lebanon (v. 5), and how no other trees were like him in beauty (v. 8) so that they envied him (v. 9). Because of this, he lifted himself up in height and became proud (v. 10) so that God delivered him to the mighty of the gentiles (v. 11). The result is to be that none of the trees will exalt themselves, and are delivered to death, and sent down to the lower parts of the earth and the pit (v. 14). When he went to the grave, God caused a great mourning and mourning among Lebanon, with the trees of the field fainting for him (v. 15). In verses 16-18 it calls them the "trees of Eden", including Satan among them.
- In Zechariah 4:11-14, the prophet is shown a pair of Olive Trees which are said to be the "two anointed ones that stand by the Lord of the whole earth."
- In Revelation 11:3-6, John is told God will give power to his two witnesses, and that these are the two olive trees, and two candlesticks. They also have special powers to burn assailants with fire from their mouths, prevent rain, turn water to blood, and smite the earth with plagues.
Also of note is that Solomon in 1 Kings 6:23-35 carved statues of the cherubims out of Olive Trees and Fir Trees.
"Sons of God"
In Job 1:6 and 2:1, it states that one day, the "Sons of God" (Hebrew "ben 'elohiym") came to present themselves before God, with Satan among them. The same phrase, Sons of God, is used in Genesis 6:2-4, in stating that the Sons of God saw the daughters of men were fair, and that they took themselves wives. Verse 4 then says their children became mighty men of renown. The phrase is also used in Job 38:4-7 where it states that when God laid the foundations of the earth, the morning stars (the name 'Lucifer' means "Morningstar" and Jesus was called the Morning Star) sang together, and all the Sons of God shouted for joy.
- See also Cherubim
Cherubim is the translation of the Hebrew word, "k@ruwb", pronounced "ker-oob", and is used 91 times in the Old Testament. While Cherubim appear to be Angels, whether they are a distinct species of them is uncertain. The following traits about them are known, however:
- Guards: They guarded the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve were cast out. They were always used, even in statue, to show the guarding of God's Mercy Seat.
- Winged: They are described as having huge wings which they used to cover the Mercy Seat. Their wings were also used to cover the Ark of the Covenant. The wings appear to make sound volume comparable to a helicopter, being heard from far away.
- Transporters: God used them to get around, riding on them as winged vehicles.
- Huge: Likenesses of them were made ten cubits tall, and with outstretched wings that made them ten cubits wide. Egypt also used the cubit as a standard of linear measurement, and it was approximately 1.5-2.0 feet long, making them at least 15-20 feet tall and equally wide when their wings are outstretched.
- Close to God: God sits between two Cherubim.
- Included Satan: Satan was called "The Anointed Cherubim Who Encloses," and it was said God made him that way. He was on the holy mountain of God, and walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. He was perfect in all his ways until iniquity was found in him, after which he was cast as profane from the mountain of God.
- See also Seraphim
'Seraphim' is translated from the Hebrew word saraph, pronounced saw-rawf, a word roughly translated meaning "burned" or "to burn," and is only used 9 times in the Old Testament. Two of these usages occur in Isaiah chapter 6, verses 2 and 6, where it states that the Seraphim had 6 wings, 2 to cover their faces, 2 to cover the feet, and 2 with which to fly, while they proclaimed, "Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory."(KJV) They are also said to have hands in verse 6, with which one used tongs to take a coal from an altar.
Fiery Flying Serpents
- See also Dinosaurs
As seen from the usage of saraph in the Old Testament, they are fiery flying serpents. Here is the interlinear for all 9 usages of the word saraph, with usages in bold:
|“||Isaiah 14:29 Rejoice <samach> not thou, whole Palestina, <P@lesheth> because the rod <shebet> of him that smote <nakah> thee is broken: <shabar> for out of the serpent's <nachash> root <sheresh> shall come forth <yatsa'> a cockatrice, <tsepha`> and his fruit <p@riy> shall be a fiery <saraph> flying <`uwph> serpent. <saraph>
Isaiah 30:6 The burden <massa'> of the beasts <b@hemah> of the south <negeb>: into the land <'erets> of trouble <tsarah> and anguish <tsowq>, from whence come the young <labiy'> and old lion <layish>, the viper <'eph`eh> and fiery <saraph> flying <`uwph> serpent <saraph>, they will carry <nasa'> their riches <chayil> upon the shoulders <katheph> of young asses <`ayir>, and their treasures <'owtsar> upon the bunches <dabbesheth> of camels <gamal>, to a people <`am> that shall not profit <ya`al> them.
Numbers 21:6 And the LORD <Y@hovah> sent <shalach> fiery <saraph> serpents <nachash> among the people <`am>, and they bit <nashak> the people <`am>; and much <rab> people <`am> of Israel <Yisra'el> died <muwth>.
Numbers 21:8 And the LORD <Y@hovah> said <'amar> unto Moses <Mosheh>, Make <`asah> thee a fiery serpent <saraph>, and set <suwm> it upon a pole <nec>: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten <nashak>, when he looketh <ra'ah> upon it, shall live <chayay>.
Deuteronomy 8:15 Who led <yalak> thee through that great <gadowl> and terrible <yare'> wilderness <midbar>, wherein were fiery <saraph> serpents <nachash>, and scorpions <`aqrab>, and drought <tsimma'own>, where there was no water <mayim>; who brought thee forth <yatsa'> water <mayim> out of the rock <tsuwr> of flint <challamiysh>;
Isaiah 6:2 Above <ma`al> it stood <`amad> the seraphims <saraph>: each one <'echad> had six <shesh> wings <kanaph>; with twain <sh@nayim> he covered <kacah> his face <paniym>, and with twain <sh@nayim> he covered <kacah> his feet <regel>, and with twain <sh@nayim> he did fly <`uwph>.
Isaiah 6:6 Then flew <`uwph> one <'echad> of the seraphims <saraph> unto me, having a live coal <ritspah> in his hand <yad>, which he had taken <laqach> with the tongs <melqach> from off the altar <mizbeach>:
Of the 9 times the word is used, 7 are clearly in relation to fiery serpents, in some cases said to fly. Satan himself is described repeatedly as a dragon, (Revelation 12:7-9; 20:2) a "crooked serpent" in the sea (Isaiah 27:1) that lives in the middle of the rivers. (Ezekiel 29:3-5; 32:2; 28:2) Such underwater dragons, or Leviathans, are capable of breathing fire and have air-tight scales. (Job 41:18-21, 15, 30-32) It may be that the Seraphim have their physical dinosaur bodies imprisoned deep within the Earth, but are still able to affect the Earth spiritually.
Satan and the fallen angels/seraphim are referred to as dragons that have been imprisoned in Hell, deep within the Earth. As such, some of the original dinosaurs/leviathans/fallen angels/seraphim may be deliberately imprisoned deep within the Earth. If so, they use their spiritual abilities to deceive mankind and control the kingdoms of their Earth, even as they themselves are physically imprisoned deep in the depths of the Earth.
|“||Revelation 20:1 ¶ And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Ezekiel 31:18 To whom art thou thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? yet shalt thou be brought down with the trees of Eden unto the nether parts of the earth: thou shalt lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.
- For a detailed biography, see Satan World Ruler
Garden of Eden
Lucifer walked in Eden, the garden of God, where every precious stone was his covering. When created, so too was the craftsmanship of his musical instruments. He walked up and down among the stones of fire on the mountain of God in Eden. Satan was the greatest of the angels, given so much power and beauty that all of the other angels envied him.
Satan's perfection resulted in his rebellion against God. With his incredible wisdom he gained corrupt riches through merchandise, and then became proud and arrogant. Satan used his power over Earth to oppress its people and create evil, ruling the nations in anger, imprisoning anyone who opposed him, and even harming innocent angels using his power. Satan was unconcerned with the things of eternity, only this life.
Satan led a rebellion of the angels against God. The rebellious angels sought a leader to lead them against God, but other chief angels refused to rebel. Satan however agreed to fight against God and the "cedars of Lebanon" or chief angels.
|“||Judges 9:7 8 The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.
9 But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honour God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
10 And the trees said to the fig tree, Come thou, and reign over us.
11 But the fig tree said unto them, Should I forsake my sweetness, and my good fruit, and go to be promoted over the trees?
12 Then said the trees unto the vine, Come thou, and reign over us.
13 And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
14 Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us.
15 And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.
Ezekiel 31:18 To whom art thou thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? yet shalt thou be brought down with the trees of Eden unto the nether parts of the earth: thou shalt lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.
Thrown Down From Heaven in Ashes
Satan's corruption resulted in him being cast out of heaven, burned from within through fire and thrown down to the Earth in ashes like a lightning bolt, to be scarred forever afterwards. Satan was thrown to the Earth in ashes in the sight of kings as a humiliated spectacle of disgrace to the entire world.
Punishment in Hell, Cast Out of Grave
God punished Satan by sending foreigners to destroy him, to cast him into Hell. Interestingly it refers to Satan dying multiple deaths, and being cast out of his grave so that he cannot even rest in peace. The other rebellious angels were similarly imprisoned with Satan in Hell.
God Mourns for Satan
Although Satan had betrayed God horribly, God was still heartbroken over Satan's treachery, and caused all of Heaven to go into mourning for Satan.
Satan's Control Over Earth
Satan, in spite of his punishment, after being cast down to Earth in ashes from Heaven, controls Earth and its kingdoms, and delegates control of the Earth freely to others. As such, Satan is Biblically referred to as the "god of this world," "prince of this world," and "prince of the power of the air." Satan apparently was given powers and authority over Earth and death before his fall, although he has since lost his power over death.
|“||Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Satan is essentially a master illusionist who deceives the rulers of the Earth. In contrast to Christians who preach only truth, Satan deals exclusively with lies and deceptions.
|“||Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Disguises His Followers As Workers of Light
Satan disguises himself and his followers as workers of light in a false imitation of God's kingdom and people.
|“||2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Previously Controlled the Dead
Prior to Jesus' coming, Satan had control of all those who died. Jesus came in part to take that power over death from Satan so He could free those Satan had imprisoned.
|“||Hebrews 2:14 ¶ Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
- Isaiah 65:17; 66:22; 2 Peter 3:13
- Proverbs 3:19; Jeremiah 10:12; 51:15; Psalms 136:5; Hebrews 1:2
- John 4:24
- Pappalardo, J. (2013, February 11). "Declassified: America's Secret Flying Saucer." Popular Mechanics.
Anthony, S. (2012, October 8). "US Air Force's 1950's Supersonic Flying Saucer Declassified." ExtremeTech.
- National Archives Catalog (1969, December 31). "Project 1794 Final Development Summary Report." U.S. National Archives.
Alexdaverede (2012, September 20). "How to Build a Flying Saucer." U.S. National Archives.
- Holmstrom, H. (2014, April 3). "Avrocar: The U.S. Military’s Flying Saucer." U.S. National Archives.
Flanker41 (2014, December 15). "U.S. Air Force Tests 'Flying Saucer.'" Military.com.
- Schultz, C. (2012, October 8). "The U.S. Air Force’s Plan To Build a Flying Saucer." Smithsonian Magazine.
- Sullivan, M. (2019, June 5). "In 1952, 'Flying Saucers' Over Washington Sent the Press Into a Frenzy." History Channel.
- McMillan, T. (2019, August 7). "Romanian Engineers Have Created a Fully Functional Flying Saucer." Vice.
- Revelation 6:12-17; 8:7-13; 9:1-21; 11:5-7; 12:7; 16:1-21; 19:19-21; 20:7-9.
- Zell, H. (2017, August 7). "Earth's Atmospheric Layers." NASA.
- Strong's Hebrew Dictionary. 4397.malak
- Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon Entry for Aggelos". BibleStudyTools.com.
- Genesis 16:9-11; 21:17
- Genesis 22:11-15
- Zechariah 1:9-6:5
- Matthew 1:20-24; 2:19; Luke 1:26-2:21
- Acts 8:26
- Acts 10:7-22
- Acts 27:23-24
- Revelation 1:1
- Genesis 24:7
- Exodus 23:20-23; 32:34; 33:2; Numbers 20:16
- Judges 2:1-4
- Judges 6:12-22
- Judges 13:3-21
- Daniel 3:28; 6:22
- Luke 22:43
- Acts 5:19-20; 12:7-11
- Numbers 22:22-35
- 2 Samuel 24:16-17; 1 Chronicles 21:12-30
- 2 Kings 19:35; 2 Chronicles 32:21; Isaiah 37:36
- Acts 12:23
- Revelation 7:2; 8:7-13; 9:11-14; 16:3-8.
- Jude 1:6; 2 Peter 2:4
- Ezekiel 28:13; 31:9,16,18
- Ezekiel 36:35; Joel 2:3
- Isaiah 14:12, Revelation 22:16
- Strong's Hebrew Dictionary. 3742.kerub.
- Genesis 3:24
- Exodus 25:18-22, Exodus 37:7-9, 1 Samuel 4:4, 2 Samuel 6:2
- Exodus 25:20, Exodus 37:9
- 1 Kings 8:6-7, 1 Chronicles 28:18, 2 Chronicles 5:7-8
- Ezekiel 10:5
- 2 Samuel 22:11, Psalms 18:10, Ezekiel 9:3
- 1 Kings 6:23-27, 2 Chronicles 3:10-13.
- N.a. (2019). "Cubits." Merriam Webster.
Scofield, C.I. (2003). "The Scofield Study Bible III." p. 611. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. isbn 0195275276.
- 2 Kings 19:15, Psalms 99:1, Isaiah 35:16.
- Ezekiel 28:14-16
- Strong's Hebrew Dictionary. 8313.seraph.
- Numbers 21:6,8; Deuteronomy 8:15
- Isaiah 14:29; 30:6
- Ezekiel 28:3-16
- Ezekiel 31:18, 2-9
- Ezekiel 28:3-6, 16-17; Isaiah 14:13-14
- Isaiah 14:4-8, 15-17
- Mark 8:33
- Luke 10:18; Isaiah 14:12; Ezekiel 28:17-19; 32:10-20
- Isaiah 14:9-11; Ezekiel 28:7-10; Isaiah 14:18-20; Ezekiel 31:10-18
- Ezekiel 31:15-16