The entire New Testament is filled with prophecies brought to fruition.
For another good list of prophecies, see the list by Laverna Patterson of Teaching Hearts.
|Prophecy of 70 Weeks||Dt. 9:25-27||Mt. 1:27||The Messiah was prophesied to arrive 49 weeks of years after the rebuilding of the wall in Jerusalem, which is known from archaeology to be 445 B.C., given Neh. 2:1. Jewish years were 360 days, so 483 * (360/365) = 476.38 years after 445 B.C., or approximately 31 A.D. when the Messiah was to come. Furthermore, this was to occur before the destruction of the Jewish temple and ending of the sacrifices, per Dt. 9:26-27, fulfilled by Nero's destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. The book of Daniel is preserved through the Dead Sea Scrolls in 4QDanb (125 B.C.) and 4QDanc (50 B.C.).|
|Eternal Nature||Mi. 5:2||Mt. 2:5||The coming Messiah to be ruler of Israel will be One whose "goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."|
|God With Us||Is. 7:14||Mt. 1:23||The Messiah would be named Immanuel, meaning 'God with us.'|
|Son of GOD||Ps. 2:7||Mt. 3:17||The Messiah would be declared the Son of GOD by the FATHER.|
|Lord of the Temple||Mal. 3:1||Mt. 12:6||The Messiah would be the Lord whom Israel seeks, coming to His own temple, fulfilled by Jesus' arrival.|
|GOD's Beloved Servant||Is. 42:1||Mt. 12:18||The Messiah would be GOD's beloved servant, upheld and blessed by GOD with GOD's spirit.|
|Immanuel||Is. 7:14||Mt. 1:23||The Messiah would be named Immanuel, meaning 'God with us.'|
|Born in Bethlehem||Mi. 5:2||Mt. 2:5||The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.|
|Brought Gifts by Wise Men||Is. 60:6; Ps. 72:10||Mt. 2:11||The Messiah would be brought gifts of gold and frankincense by the rulers of Sheba, fulfilled by the bringing of gold, frankincense, and mirrh to Jesus at His birth by the wise men.|
|Slaughter of Israel Children||Is. 40:3||Mt. 2:18||The Messiah would be born at a time when Israelite children were executed across Israel, fulfilled by Herod's slaughter of children.|
|Preceded by John the Baptist|
|A Prophet in the Wilderness||Is. 40:3||Mt. 3:3||The Messiah would be preceded by a prophet crying from the wilderness, fulfilled by John the Baptist.|
|Elijah to Come First||Mal. 4:5||Mt. 11:14; 17:12; Mk. 9:12; Lu. 1:17||Elijah would return before the coming of the Messiah to restore the knowledge of those who had followed GOD in the past.|
|A Messenger||Mal. 3:1||Mt. 11:10||A messenger will come before the Messiah to prepare the way before Him, fulfilled by John the Baptist.|
|Raised in Egypt||Ho. 11:1||Mt. 2:15||The Messiah would be raised in and called out of Egypt.|
|Baptized by the Holy Spirit||Is. 11:1; 42:1||Mt. 3:16||The Spirit of the LORD would rest on the Messiah, fulfilled by the Holy Spirit resting on Jesus like a dove at His baptism.|
|Ministry in Galilee||Is. 9:1-2||Mt. 4:15-16||The Messiah would begin His ministry in Galilee, bringing light to the people.|
|Preaching the Gospel||Is. 61:1-3||Lu. 4:18-19||The Messiah would preach good news to the poor, healing to the brokenhearted, and the year of the LORD, fulfilled by Jesus' preaching.|
|Preaching Through Parables||Ps. 49:4; 78:2||Mt. 13:35||The Messiah would preach through parables.|
|Preaching to Hardened Hearts||Is. 6:9; Ez. 12:2||Mt. 13:15||The Messiah would preach to Jews whose hearts had been hardened through sin, who had closed eyes and ears.|
|Salvation for the Gentiles||Is. 42:1-4||Mt. 12:18||The Messiah would bring salvation to the Gentiles.|
|Dead for 3 Days and Nights||Jon. 1:17||Mt. 12:40||The Messiah would be dead in the Earth for 3 days and nights as Jonah was 3 days and nights in the fish's belly.|
|Healing the Sick and Demon-Possessed||Is. 53:4||Mt. 8:17||The Messiah would heal others by bearing their weaknesses, fulfilled by Jesus' healing of the sick and demon-possessed.|
|Healing the Blind, Lame, Deaf, and Lepers||Is. 29:18; 35:4-6; 42:7||Mt. 11:5||The Messiah would heal the blind, lame, deaf, and lepers; fulfilled by Jesus' miracles.|
|Saving Souls out of Hell||Is. 42:7||He. 2:14-15||The Messiah would save those imprisoned in Hell.|
|Calming the Seas and Storms||Ps. 65:7; 89:9; 107:29; Is. 61:1||Mt. 8:26; Lu. 4:18||The Messiah was prophesied to calm the seas and storms, fulfilled by Jesus' calming of them.|
|Angelic Protection From Falling||Ps. 91:11-12||Mt. 4:6||The Messiah would be angelically protected from falling, a protection acknowledged by Satan.|
|Betrayal by Family Members||Mi. 7:6||Mt. 10:21||Christians will be betrayed by their own family members.|
|Knowledge Given to Young, Hidden from Academics||Ps. 8:2||Mt. 11:25||Knowledge will be given to the very young who seek GOD and hidden from learned academics.|
|Rest for Their Souls||Is. 9:4; Jer. 6:16||Mt. 11:28-29||The Messiah would bring rest for the souls of Christians, light yokes.|
The following prophecies are not yet fulfilled, and relate to the time still to come.
|Meek Will Inherit the Earth||Ps. 37:11||Mt. 5:5||The meek will inherit the Earth.|
These are just the ones from the book of Matthew.
- Matthew 12:7 fulfills Hosea 6:6.
- Matthew 13:7 fulfills Hosea 10:12.
- Matthew 13:52 fulfills Song of Solomon 7:13.
- Matthew 14:26 fulfills Job 9:8.
- Matthew 15:8 fulfills Isaiah 29:13.
- Matthew 15:14 fulfills Isaiah 9:16 and Malachi 2:8.
- Matthew 15:55 fulfills Isaiah 49:7.
- Matthew 16:18 and 21:42 fulfills Isaiah 8:14, 28:16, and Psalms 118:22.
- Matthew 17:5 fulfills Deuteronomy 18:15,19.
- Matthew 20:28 fulfills Isaiah 53:10-11.
- Matthew 21:5 fulfills Zechariah 9:9.
- Matthew 21:13 and John 2:17 fulfills Jeremiah 7:11 and Psalms 69:9.
- Matthew 22:4 fulfills Proverbs 9:2.
- Matthew 23:37 fulfills Deuteronomy 32:11, Psalms 17:8, and 91:4.
- Matthew 26:3 fulfills Psalms 2:2.
- Matthew 26:15 fulfills Zechariah 11:12.
- Matthew 26:23 fulfills Psalms 41:9.
- Matthew 26:31 fulfills Zechariah 13:7.
- Matthew 26:50 fulfills Psalms 55:13-15.
- Matthew 26:60 fulfills Psalms 35:11.
- Matthew 26:63 fulfills Isaiah 53:7.
- Matthew 26:66 fulfills Isaiah 53:4-6.
- Matthew 27:9 fulfills Zechariah 11:13.
- Matthew 27:26 fulfills Isaiah 53:9.
- Matthew 27:29 fulfills Psalms 69:19.
- Matthew 27:34,48 fulfills Psalms 69:21.
- Matthew 27:35 fulfills Psalms 22:18.
- Matthew 27:38 fulfills Isaiah 53:12.
- Matthew 27:39 fulfills Psalms 22:7 and Psalms 109:25.
- Matthew 27:45 fulfills Amos 8:9.
- Matthew 27:46 fulfills Psalms 22:1.
- Matthew 27:60 fulfills Isaiah 53:9.
- Matthew 28:19 fulfills Isaiah 52:10.